Pocket Optics provides an interactive demonstration of basic principles of geometric (ray) optics. Optics professionals can use it for simple ray and image tracing.
1. Fully interactive touch interface (stylus or compatible mouse is recommended for precision).
2. Supports various screen resolutions - from small phones to large tablets and Android TVs.
3. Point light sources with variable opening angles and optical beams with variable width. The ray density can be adjusted for each source.
4. Adjustable focal lengths for Lenses and Mirrors.
5. Apertures with adjustable openings.
6. Traces images of an Object throughout the optical system.
7. Scrollable screen.
8. Bench configurations can be saved on device for future use.
9. Coordinate grid (can be turned off in Settings).
10. Optic components can be snapped to a smaller grid.
11. Visual Help illustrates all interactive features.
Pocket Optics is inspired by Optics4 Applet by Prof. Wolfgang Christian, Davidson College (http://webphysics.davidson.edu/applets/applets.html)
Pocket Optics is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-03-17. The program can be installed on Android.
Pocket Optics (version 1.0) has a file size of 2.10 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 28 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.